Feb 17, 2010

rodarte fall 2010


Going into NYFW, I didn’t have high expectations. Especially not for Rodarte – the last couple of collections from the Mulleavy sisters haven’t impressed me very much; so I didn’t expect to find myself in love with this collection. But I am! I feel like this is their best work since S/S 2009. It maintained the familiar charm of Rodarte but was different in a way. The lace, the knitted tops, the white dresses – I loved it all.
On another note, I feel like I am slowly falling more and more in love with Dorothea. She is absolutely stunning.

{ all images from style }

3 comments:

  1. lol, you were actually serious when you said you loved it.
    yes, Dorothea is how Ive been imagining Darlene since the summer. stunning. love her cat eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, yay, yay! i loooooove these girls, that dress on the top left is ah-mazing! i'm totally bummed that haven't been digging their past stuff...what about it falls short for you?

    http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I especially love Karlie's dress!
    I think Rodarte S/S 2010 was a pretty bad collection..I expected much more from them; that collection was just a repeat of what they did the season before that. S/S 2009 wasn't too bad (I loved the boots) but it didn't stand out very much.
    I'm soo happy with this collection though, I loved it very much!

    ReplyDelete